Tuesday, May 9, 2017

SUCCESS!

Finally, good news to report! The CDI seems to be making a HUGE impact so far. For the first time today in 3 months, I woke up with NO swelling in my lips. We have been playing with the doses throughout the day to try to hit the "sweet spot." Regardless, I didn't have any swelling today except for some minor cheek and lip swelling an hour ago, which is a miracle, considering I have been swollen non stop since the routine shot that set me into a tailspin back in March.

Since nothing is airway related, I get to go home tomorrow! At some point tomorrow, the home health management company is going to bring the pump to the hospital, and show my step mom, Beth, and I how to use it, change out the medication, cover my port to shower, and all of the technicalities involved with the CDI. At least once a week, a nurse will come to change the needle in my port, deliver the "cassettes" of medication, and generally check in. Tomorrow will be a learning curve, and an exhausting day, but I am ready to get out of here and work on having a more "normal" life. I am currently waiting to be moved to step down, and hopefully get a good night's sleep. Today I was fortunate enough to be visited by Connie, a Zentangles teacher, and my neighbor, which were a welcome break and much appreciated. Thank you all again for all of your well wishes, let's keep the positive momentum going!

No comments:

Post a Comment