Saturday, April 8, 2017

Staying Put for Now

Hello everybody,
Happy Saturday! Here is your quick update for today. Although I was hoping to get out of the ICU today, my body didn't seem to agree with the idea. After breakfast, I tried to go for a walk with my nurse on the unit. I got my cough back, and it wouldn't stop. We tried a breathing treament, which didn't work, so I had to get another dose of Epinephrine in a shot, and in a breathing treatment. This didn't help my case to move me out of the ICU or reduce my steroids, 2 of my goals for today.

Since then, thankfully, I have had no other setbacks, and had a few successful walks. So, hopefully tomorrow I will be able to move to the step down unit, where they will continue to keep me until they can wean my steroids enough. In the mean time, I have been trying to keep occupied, watching Finding Dory, and I finished my rug hooking. All in all, things are stable. I am SO ready to go home, but I know I still have a couple of days ahead of me. Until tomorrow!

1 comment: