Sunday, April 30, 2017

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Telemetry I Go

Good afternoon everybody! I am happy to report that I am FINALLY out of the ICU, and on the telemetry floor! This is a monitored floor, but one where I have my own room, bathroom, some quiet and space, etc. I have been here since about 10 AM this morning, and I am enjoying the additonal independence. I am able to move around a little bit more here, and I am hoping to get more sleep tonight.

Although I am hoping to get out tomorrow, I am not so sure if that will actually happen. I am still on IV steroids and requiring around the clock Benadryl. We weren't able to reduce the steroids any more today as I have had a minor episode requiring inhaled epinephrine. I am going to talk to the doctor tomorrow and see if we can maybe move some of the IV meds to home, but I am not sure how well that will go over, and if that is truly the best option.

I will continue to post updates as I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment