Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Almost Free!

Finally, I am almost out of here! This morning, my swelling seemed to be reduced, so they were able to move me to the regular medical floor of the hospital. I was hoping to get discharged, but the doctor wanted me here for another 24 hours just to make sure I wouldn't need any more IV medications. All of my medications have been switched to oral. Although I still have some swelling, it is more in my face and lips, which will likely take time to come down. My oral chemo dose increase was approved by my insurance, but I am hoping I can try to not increase it for now.

I am very anxious to get out. I am still somewhat uncomfortable with itching and burning, and I am exhausted. I am ready for my own bed, food, and rest. I just have to hold out until tomorrow morning! So close! At least in the mean time, on the medical floor, I am woken up a lot less. I also was able to take a shower, which felt amazing for the first time after 5 days, and use an actual bathroom.

Tomorrow, the game plan is to be discharged first thing in the morning, then to head home to get some actual rest. Thank you all again for all of your love and support, it has meant a lot to me. I am confident that things tonight will be smooth sailing, and I am counting down the hours! I will update again sometime this weekend after I catch up on some rest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment